Norfolk County Caulking Service
Caulk is a God-send when it comes to sealing joint areas, air sealing, and many other things. What appears to be an easy job for homeowners in Norfolk County, caulking service actually requires a high level of expertise. Not only are there many different types, but they are also designed for different purposes and may not be ideal for all surfaces. Luckily, your expert team at Mr. Handyman of Central - Eastern Norfolk County & S.Shore brings the experience and know-how to properly execute your Norfolk County caulking service.
Whether you just have a new backsplash and countertop installed or need the joint area between your bathtub and shower wall to be redone, count on your local Norfolk County handyman to carefully inspect the surface, remove any dirt and crumbling bits, and get started with your caulking project! If it were easy, everyone would be doing it! But we highly encourage you to contact our friendly office team at (508) 465-2092 to learn more about our professional handyman service.
About Norfolk County Caulking Service
Before you decide to head to the hardware store to fix a problem by yourself, we encourage you to think twice. When hiring Mr. Handyman for a straightforward job like caulking, Norfolk County homeowners will get a list of benefits that include a detailed diagnosis and inspection. During that, our Norfolk County handyman will check if there are any underlying issues that need to be addressed.
Norfolk County caulking services are most popular in kitchen and bathroom spaces where there is a high level of moisture content. Unfortunately, many homeowners don’t act fast enough. Existing caulk beads may be worn, cracked, or moldy, which means that moisture intrusion and bacteria growth are already causing a problem. So, it is essential that your handyman technician investigates for further material and surface damage before re-caulking any seams and joint areas.
Typical areas that require Norfolk County caulking services include:
- Gaps between shower tiles
- Joint area of bathtub & walls
- The base of bathtub
- Joint area of countertop & backsplash
- Around the toilet base
- Gaps between drywall & window/door frame
- Weather proofing, weather stripping: Ideal for underneath door frames and window frames
Why Choose Mr. Handyman For Norfolk County Caulking Service?
Our team of highly-rated local pros brings an average of ten years’ experience and is well-versed in the job they do. Like you, they are local and familiar with common issues that residential and commercial property owners face on a regular basis. The Mr. Handyman franchise consists of over 200 locally owned and operated handyman businesses across North America. We are proud to be your one-stop shop for all your handyman needs, from property maintenance to minor house repairs and improvement projects. Besides increasing the safety and comfort of your home, we aim to help you maintain and even increase its resale value. Our talented Norfolk County handyman experts are your local pros for door installation, drywall repair, bathroom remodeling service, and more.
FAQs About Norfolk County Caulking Service
What Types of Caulk Are There?
During our Norfolk County caulking services, we work with various types of caulk, but some of the main ones include:
- Acrylic latex: Made of acrylic polymers, latex, and water, latex caulk is the most commonly used and cost-efficient one. Our handyman recommends using a high-quality one (even if it’s slightly more expensive) because they provide better bonding resilience. They are ideal for filling small gaps and sealing trim connections.
- Butyl rubber: Butyl rubber is a high-performance product designed for exterior use, such as sealing gutter interiors or repairing vinyl siding. They provide an extremely watertight seal and are versatile in terms of surface materials. You can apply it to metal, wood, masonry, glass, and more.
- Silicone: Silicone caulk is a heavy-duty product and superior to acrylic latex thanks to its water resistant properties. It is more expensive and takes longer to dry, but it is worthwhile! Despite their strong bonding properties, they are flexible and elastic and ideal for tile, metal, and glass. During kitchen and bathroom repairs, it’s best to rely on silicone caulk. Norfolk County service technicians at Mr. Handyman may use silicone for indoor and outdoor applications.
- Polyurethane: Polyurethane is another strong type you can use. Similar to silicone, it also has good tensile strength. It may be interesting to note that polyurethane contains organic polymers, which makes it work well on wooden materials.
When you hire Mr. Handyman for professional Norfolk County caulking services, we’ll make sure to introduce you to these exact products. We understand that some homeowners prefer environmentally friendly products, so we’ll take that into account.
Does Norfolk County Caulking Service Include Weather Proofing?
Absolutely! Caulking is an ideal weather proofing method that you can use around your doors and windows to prevent air leaks. It is a reliable alternative to standard store-bought foam or felt strips.
Is Caulk The Same As Grout?
No, they consist of entirely different substances and are used for different purposes.
Grout is a cement- and sand-based substance that is used to lay tiles. Because it connects other tile sheets, fills voids, and seals joints, it is easy to mix it up with other products. But grout is exclusively for working with tiles.
Is Caulk The Same Adhesive?
Not really, but there are some DIY professionals who use it as a form of glue or adhesive, which we do not recommend. At least, it depends on the exact circumstance. The only caulk type that is closest to being an adhesive sealant is probably silicone, which may work fine on some household applications. But we do recommend consulting an experienced Norfolk County handyman first to see what the best cause of action is.
How Do I Safely Remove Old Caulking?
You can use a utility knife or putty knife to slice through the old bead and carefully peel it away. There are other more specialized tools called caulking scraper that have custom blades designed not to scratch surfaces.
Mr. Handyman With the Caulk Gun Is Ready For Norfolk County Caulking Services!
Our popular Norfolk Caulking services are a nice finishing touch to home improvement projects, not to mention a vital part of any kitchen or shower remodel. Whether you’re in Norfolk County or a surrounding area, such as Norwood, Westwood, or Quincy,
Grab your phone now and give our friendly customer service staff a call today at (508) 465-2092! Find out how one magical bead of caulk could prevent a series of moisture and water damage issues.