Walpole Bathroom Remodel Services
Your bathroom is one of the most important rooms in your house. It's the first place you visit in the morning and the last place you go before bed, not to mention numerous trips in between. Since you can't avoid using it, that space should be an inviting oasis of calm and relaxation where you can have the privacy you need to complete your daily grooming routines. But some bathrooms just don't live up to that lofty ideal—and if yours is one of them, it's time to consider an expert Walpole bathroom remodel by an experienced, local handyman team.
When it comes to bathroom remodeling, Walpole, MA homeowners would often like to get it done but aren't sure where to start. Planning a major renovation project can feel challenging, especially if you've never had to make a plan for something like this before, but it's also a lot of fun once you get the ball rolling and your dream bathroom is in sight.
When you're ready to start swinging the sledgehammer, give your local Walpole handyman a call! The team of service professionals at Mr. Handyman of Central - Eastern Norfolk County & S. Shore have the repair and improvement experience needed to complete a beautiful Walpole bathroom remodel that can improve both your property value and your quality of life.
Planning Tips to Make Your Walpole Bathroom Remodel Go Smoothly
If you sat down to start planning your Walpole bathroom remodel and ended up just staring blankly at a sheet of paper or got distracted scrolling through endless beautifully airbrushed bathroom photos, you're not alone. Here are some planning tips that offer you some potential ways to get started thinking about what you (and the rest of your household) really need and want from bathroom remodeling.
Ask Yourself a Few Questions
If you've begun looking around at some of the available options, you may be feeling a little overwhelmed by the sheer volume of choices. If you ask yourself a few questions and give the answers some careful thought, you can narrow it down to the right choices for your home and household. Here are some questions to ponder:
- What design style would best suit my home? (For example: minimalist, rustic, elegant, old-fashioned, modern, bohemian, etc.)
- How do I want to use color? (If you're not sure how to design a color scheme, try the 60-30-10 trick; your primary color will apply to about 60% of your room, a complementary secondary color will be used for around 30% and the remaining 10% will be a contrasting accent color)
- What's most important to me, appearance or durability and ease of maintenance? (While it's not necessarily a trade-off, identifying your top priorities can make the material selection process a lot easier)
Make a Master List
Next, it really pays to make a big master list of absolutely everything you will need for your Walpole bathroom remodel project. It will make both planning and budgeting considerably easier and reduce the risk of forgetting something important that you really wanted to include. You’ll be glad you made a master list while enjoying your new, perfectly appointed space with all the bells and whistles. Your list will vary according to your Walpole bathroom remodel plan, but it may include items such as:
- Double vanity countertop
- Glass shower doors
- Medicine cabinet
- Towel rack
- Toilet paper holder
- Textiles such as towels and bath mats
- Plants, artwork and décor items
Add Storage Space
There are so many things that need to be stored in the bathroom within arm's reach so you and your family can complete your daily routines, from towels and toilet paper to shampoo and cosmetics. Depending on your current set-up and the size of your room, you may not be able to actually increase the storage space, but you should at least try not to reduce it. It can be tempting to tear out cabinets and other storage options in exchange for more open space and a minimalist look, but most people regret eliminating storage when they realize there's nowhere to put all the self-care products and items they need on hand. Not sure how to get that extra space? Here are a few storage ideas for your Walpole bathroom remodel project:
- Hooks on the back of the door for towels and bathrobes
- An over-the-door shelf for décor or stuff you don't need to access frequently
- Trays, cups or baskets inside drawers to organize small, often-used items
- In-shower storage for shampoo bottles and other shower products in the form of cubby holes or a hanging stainless steel basket
- An additional rod in the shower next to the wall to hang items like a bottle caddy or luffa exfoliator
- A turntable on the bottom of the cabinet directly under the sink for easy access to cleaning products—and don't forget a childproof latch if you have small kids in the house
- A narrow roll-out cabinet under the vanity for small cosmetics
- A shower bench for in-shower seating and extra storage space
- A wheeled cart that can be moved out of the way when its not needed
- Larger bins inside cabinets to organize large tools like a hair dryer or shaving kit
Don't Neglect the Finishing Touches
When you're busy worrying about big questions like what the best tile is for your Walpole bathroom remodel, or whether you should get rid of your bathtub and replace it with a shower, you're not thinking about the little details. For example, cabinet hardware like handles and drawer pulls might not be on your radar, but small things like that can have a surprisingly outsized impact on the style of a room, especially a smaller room with a lot of big fixtures and built-ins. Or, you may find the perfect piece of artwork for your freshly renovated room and wish you had chosen a tile that complements it better.
If you leave that sort of stuff as afterthoughts to your Walpole bathroom remodel plan, you may find something too late that would have influenced you to try something different with your room's design aesthetic. Don't leave those seemingly insignificant details out of the picture when they can make a big difference in how much you enjoy the space.
Mr. Handyman's Reliable Walpole Bathroom Remodel Services
A lot of work and skill goes into a correctly done Walpole bathroom remodel, from finishing walls and floors to shower conversion and mirror hanging. But it can turn into a big hassle and expense if you need to hire multiple specialized contractors to get everything taken care of for bathroom remodeling. Walpole, MA homeowners don't have to subject themselves to that stress when there's a convenient, one-call solution that will get you in contact with an entire team of multi-skilled handyman professionals. You can count on us to take care of your remodel project efficiently and effectively.
Here are some of the services you can expect our Walpole handyman team to deliver on time and with expert workmanship:
- Drywall installation and refinishing
- Tile installation for your floor, walls and shower
- Custom shower conversion
- Trim repair or installation
- Vanity and mirror installation
- Cabinetry installation
- Installing accessibility features such as grab bars
- Installing finishing touches such as the toilet paper holder and towel rack
Frequently Asked Questions About Bathroom Remodeling Near Me
What is the Average Cost of a Bathroom Remodeling Project?
When it's time to budget for bathroom remodeling, Walpole, MA homeowners often want to know what the average bathroom remodel cost is. The national average amount that people spend in the United States is nearly $11,000, with a typical range of about $6,000 to $15,000. But that information isn't necessarily going to be very helpful because they're just averages that don't take your particular house, needs, wants and budget into account. One of the best things about working with a team of handyman professionals for your Walpole bathroom remodel is that the project can be tailored specifically to your unique requirements.
If you're worried about staying under budget, remember that you don't necessarily need to strip the entire room down to the subfloor and rebuild every last part. You may be able to get the charming and functional transformation you're looking for with some smaller changes. For example, a new vanity or a fresh installation of tile on the walls or floor can go a long way toward making the whole room look brand-new.
Should I Change the Floor Plan During a Walpole Bathroom Remodel?
That really depends on how your existing floor plan is set up and how much square footage you have available. Bathrooms tend to be small rooms with a lot of large plumbing fixtures and built-in cabinetry, so there's not normally a lot of "wiggle room" to redesign. In all likelihood, your current bathroom layout follows one of a handful of tried-and-true configurations that are designed to maximize floor space, natural light, storage space and ease of use. Another point of consideration is that it will be more expensive to relocate a fixture than to put a new fixture in the same location as the old one, so if you're working with a somewhat limited budget and you don't mind your floor plan as it is, it makes the most sense to not alter it.
How Can I Make My Walpole Bathroom Remodel More Accessible?
While you're making plans to transform your space with a Walpole bathroom remodel, it's the perfect time to think about whether some accessibility modifications should be included. You may be planning to welcome a loved one with mobility challenges into your home, or you may be approaching your golden years and looking for ways to age in place safely and comfortably.
Most people like to have their privacy in the bathroom, and naturally, that includes those with disabilities. It's important to have amenities in place that will allow the room to be safely used by people with a wide range of abilities and support needs so they're able to maintain their independence and complete as much of their bathroom routine as possible without assistance.
- Grab Bar Installation: Anyone with mobility issues is most at risk of injury when they need to move from a seated to a standing position or vice versa. Typically, it's good to have grab bars positioned horizontally on either side of the toilet. In the shower, there should be a long horizontal bar along the wall and a vertical bar on the wall opposite the shower head.
- Raised Toilet Seat: This is exactly what it sounds like—a toilet seat that is elevated to reduce the distance between standing and seated positions, which makes the transition either way, a lot easier and lowers the risk of accidentally crashing down on to the seat or being unable to get back up.
- Barrier-Free Shower: Just stepping in and out of the shower can be a frustrating challenge for someone who can't lift their foot high enough to get it over the lip on a typical shower base. Your Walpole bathroom remodel professional can remove that barrier and install a walk-in shower floor with a gentle slope to keep water draining properly. We can even install a tiled shower bench while we're at it, to provide a place to sit while bathing and a little extra storage space for shampoo bottles and other items.
Book Your Walpole Bathroom Remodel With Your Local Handyman Today!
Whether you're in Walpole, MA or another part of the greater Metro Boston area such as Weymouth, Quincy or Milton, you can count on the team of professionals at Mr. Handyman of Central - Eastern Norfolk County & S. Shore to provide the highest standards of workmanship and customer service that goes above and beyond. We can help with a ton of other home remodel projects as well! Pick up the phone and call us at (508) 465-2092 to book a convenient appointment time or find out more about our reliable handyman services.