Mr. Handyman’s Walpole deck repair service professionals will arrive on time, in uniform, and in company vehicles, so you'll feel safe letting them on your property. Our Walpole deck repair specialists are highly skilled in getting the job done right, keeping you in the loop the whole time.
Some of the services we offer are:
- Inspection of the entire deck and all components
- Pressure washing
- Minor repairs
- Stair replacement
- Board or railing replacement if there are cracks
- Sanding, painting, and staining
- Grading or drainage solutions
- Repairing & replacing any cracks or broken pieces
- Building & installing a whole new deck if needed
When they hire a technician from Mr. Handyman for deck repair, in Walpole, MA homeowners can get peace of mind knowing that it's safe, well-maintained, and will last for years.
Why Choose Mr. Handyman For Your Deck Repair?
Mr. Handyman is a reputable company that offers professional and reliable deck repair services. We are locally owned and operated with over 20 years of experience in the home repair industry. We offer quality workmanship and ensure each project is completed to its highest standards.
Customers choose Mr. Handyman as we have a high level of customer satisfaction with many positive reviews. Our hassle-free experience offers customers flexible scheduling, arriving at the job on time, and always cleaning up any and all messes, so you won’t have to worry about anything. We put customers first and promise to make it right the first time.
Frequently Asked Questions for Walpole Deck Repair Services
HOW MUCH DOES AN AVERAGE DECK REPAIR COST?
Every deck is built according to the yard's square footage and structure holding the deck up. Therefore, every deck issue will be unique and separate from the others and require a different strategy for deck repair. Walpole, MA professionals on our team will take into consideration all the materials needed, the amount of time required, and the level of repairs that need to be done when they to assess the deck repair project.
An estimate will be given by a technician from Mr. Handyman after they have assessed the damage and outlined the materials and time needed to fix the deck. We encourage you to call us at (508)465-2092 and discuss the issues. Once we are aware of the situation, we can provide you with a price range. We offer transparency in our upfront pricing system, which usually involves a fixed price per project, not per hour.
HOW DO I KNOW IF MY DECK NEEDS REPAIRS?
There are several common signs to watch for and to signal that deck repairs are needed:
- Loose and wobbling boards
- Loose railings
- Soft wood that feels crumbly or wet
- Rotting wood covered in moss or mold
- Damaged wood with visible cracks
- Signs of rodent or insect damage
- Discolored wood
- Pooling of water or extremely soggy ground around deck posts
If you find any of these issues, it’s best to have a Walpole deck repair professional from Mr. Handyman come to assess it.
HOW CAN WALPOLE RESIDENTS PREVENT FUTURE DAMAGE TO THEIR DECK?
Walpole property owners should regularly inspect their outdoor deck surfaces and structure and follow through on routine maintenance. This includes cleaning the deck and sealing the top to protect the boards from moisture or mold build-up over time. Plus, you should be checking for signs of hairline cracks, damp timber, and any kind of solid stains. The professionals at Mr. Handyman can help you understand the best recommendations on maintenance practices and additional repairs for your deck.
DO I NEED A PERMIT FOR WALPOLE DECK REPAIR TO START THE REPAIR?
A permit is a work order permitting work to be done on a wide variety of projects and is issued by the city or county you reside in, such as Walpole county. Whether you need one or not will depend on the scope of the project and the time needed to complete the repair. Minor jobs, such as replacing a few screws or boards over time, will not need a permit, but if you are significantly altering the deck or rebuilding the entire structure, you will likely need a permit.
Property owners don't need to worry about that when you hire one of our trained professionals at Mr. Handyman. Our team has the training and experience to know when and where to get permits for every range of repairs that are needed. We will ensure that our team has obtained and secured all projects requiring a permit, so there is less worry for you and no paperwork to fill out.
Furthermore, our work regulations and safety policies will always follow and exceed municipal and state regulations. We highly value workplace safety and ensure our workers maintain compliance in every way.
DOES A DECK ADD TO A HOME’S OVERALL VALUE IN WALPOLE?
When considering a deck repair, one might not consider a re-sell or overall home value. But did you know that although it can be costly to install or repair, the value can add up to 80% of the initial investment you put into your deck repair project or rebuild? Plus, repair and upkeep for an outdoor living space are one of the most cost-effective ways to keep the property in prime condition, adding to that overall resale value.
When you consider materials used as well, you will increase the margins more. Choosing from a wide range of materials such as wood or composite decks or even a custom deck building, the value will increase.
WHAT ARE THE CAUSES, EFFECTS & PREVENTION OF WOOD ROT?
When the dreaded wood rot strikes your deck, it can cause significant damage if left untreated. Understanding the causes and effects and learning how to prevent them is crucial for any homeowner. You'll need to learn what signs of wood rot look like on outdoor surfaces.
Causes Of Wood Rot:
- Moisture: Wood rot occurs when the timber is exposed to moisture for an extended period. This can happen from leaks, improper drainage, standing water, water damage, or high humidity.
- Lack of Ventilation: Proper ventilation is essential to preventing wood rot. When timber is covered by carpets or lacks airflow from enclosed walls, moisture can build up and lead to wood rot.
Effects of Wood Rot:
- Structural Damage: It can cause significant damage to the timber of the deck or the building it's attaching to. Which will lead to costly repairs and/or the failure of the entire structure.
- Safety Hazards: If wood rot is left untreated, it can create safety hazards such as weakened rotting spots and spongy, soft wood that can lead to collapsing or breaking under a person’s foot. This can be a dangerous hazard if your deck is elevated.
- Health Hazards: Certain types of fungi that cause wood rot can also cause harmful bacteria leading to allergies or respiratory problems.
Prevention of Wood Rot:
- Proper Maintenance: Regular inspection and maintenance of your deck. Looking for leaks and ensuring proper drainage. Removing any patio furniture and rugs before snowfall and ensuring proper ventilation all year.
- Treatment: If wood rot is detected, it is essential to get it treated immediately. This can involve many steps, and we recommend contacting one of our qualified Walpole deck repair staff at Mr. Handyman to help eliminate and treat it.
- Material Selection: Choosing the right materials and timber for your property can also help prevent wood rot. For example, pressure-treated wood is resistant to wood rot and is often a first choice in deck repair and building.
Proper maintenance, treatment, and material selection can help prevent wood rot. This helps prevent lasting damage from water as well as protecting your property. Walpole Mr. Handyman is a qualified handyman team trained in all aspects of wood rot. They will treat and repair the damage so you can get back outside and safely enjoy your deck once again.
Enjoy a Safe Outdoor Oasis By Trusting Our Walpole Deck Repair Experts!
Mr. Handyman of Central-Eastern Norfolk County & S. Shore is your local expert, and they want to help you restore your deck to its original beauty. They can help you with all your home improvement projects with excellent customer service and repairs. No matter the time of year, weather, or the extent of the repair, the professionals at Mr. Handyman can help you. Homeowners in Walpole, Quincy, Marshfield, or Weymouth can book an appointment just by calling us and talking to one of our friendly staff.
Here at Walpole’s Mr. Handyman, we also offer additional home repair services. Whether you need a small hand with gutter cleaning services, painting, or power washing, or you have a bigger project in mind, such as kitchen remodeling, tiling, drywall repair, or bathroom remodeling, our friendly customer service representative is just a phone call away. Contact us today to discuss how we can help you, and let's get a convenient appointment time booked.