If your residential or commercial property needs window repair, Charleston, SC professionals at Mr. Handyman have the experience and skill to get the work done to your complete satisfaction. As a locally owned and operated business, Mr. Handyman of Charleston and Summerville is proud to serve the home and business owners of our local community.
What Does Charleston Window Repair Service Include?
Window repair isn't necessarily a home repair project that's at the forefront of most people's minds, but it should be. If they're in rough shape, windows can actually cause some big issues, like making your house less energy efficient and comfortable and letting in moisture that could cause water damage, like wood rot. There are a lot of different components in a modern window unit, which means there are a lot of potential issues that could crop up. Our team has the experience and capability to address all those problems and restore your house to a secure, cozy, energy efficient condition with top-quality workmanship.
- Replacing Panes: If you've got broken glass, you already know the repair option is actually going to be a window replacement. However, in most cases, we don't need to replace the entire unit and it’s possible to insert a new insulated glass unit (IGU) into the existing frame or sash.
- Caulking: When window frames are inserted into a rough opening, they need caulking service to fill the gaps between the opening and the frame, making it air and water-tight. But caulk doesn't last forever—in some cases, it needs to be replaced as often as every five years. Whether you need new or replacement caulk, our technicians could take care of caulking to lock out air drafts and moisture incursion.
- Repairing Sashes: If you're having a hard time getting your window open and shut, it's probably because there's an issue with the sash. It may have been warped by moisture exposure or softened by rot. It could also be that there's a problem with the frame and the sash doesn't fit into it properly anymore. We’re able to eliminate those issues, so opening your sash is a breeze again.
- Repairing Trim: Trims such as frames and sills are often a source of trouble because they are often made of wood and can suffer issues such as rot. They're also a pretty popular target for pets who like to chew or scratch parts of your house. Our team will get your trim back in excellent shape and look great with Charleston window repair strategies.
Why Choose Mr. Handyman for Window Repair, Charleston SC?
When it's time for reliable, long-lasting window repair, Charleston, SC homeowners and business owners can trust the window repair experts at Mr. Handyman of Charleston and Summerville. We pride ourselves on delivering courteous, professional service combined with highly skilled workmanship to get all the repair, maintenance, installation and improvement tasks crossed off your to-do list quickly and efficiently. We also offer numerous other services, including screen repairs, window installation and much more.
Contact us today at to speak with our Charleston window repair professionals about what we can do to help or learn more about our other popular handyman services, including window replacement, caulking service, and power washing.
Frequently Asked Questions About Window Repair
Does Window Repair Reduce Energy Costs?
Absolutely. If you're looking for ways to lower your energy bills and your windows are in rough shape, Charleston window repair should be at the top of your priority list. The problem comes down to heat transfer. When deteriorated units let the heat from your furnace escape outdoors or let solar energy in when you're running your air conditioner, your HVAC system has to use a lot more fuel to compensate, and that drives up your energy costs. By getting them repaired to block heat transfer, you could save a significant amount of money on your utility bills over time and also reduce your carbon footprint. The same principle applies if you still have single pane windows installed—replacing them with energy efficient double panes will make a big difference to your energy costs.
What Are the Signs That Window Repair is Necessary?
Wondering about the indications that you need window repair? Charleston, SC property owners should keep an eye out for these signs of trouble:
- Leaking moisture around frame
- Cold air drafts coming from unit
- Rotting wood on frames, sashes, muntins and mullions
- Unit is hard to open or close
- Peeling paint or wood stain
- Inadequate sound separation
- Insects getting in through deteriorated frame.
If you notice these types of problems, they're not just making your house uncomfortable for your family members. They're also indications that your house is not energy efficient, and you're paying more than necessary on your energy bills. When you hire our Charleston window repair technicians, you’ll get the peace of mind knowing that we’ll quickly detect any underlying issues and offer rapid repairs to recover your indoor comfort.
Can One Broken Pane in a Double-Pane Window Be Replaced By Itself?
Not really. It is technically possible, but the results will probably not be satisfactory. Double panes have a small gap between them for insulation and are sealed together at the edges. Once you have a broken seal, any repair to it will only be temporary, and it won't be long until condensation gets between the panes and makes the glass look foggy or misty. That's why a total glass replacement will have better results and probably be more cost effective in the long run.
Is Your House Ready for Window Repair? Charleston, SC Can Count On Us!
Are you in Charleston or a nearby part of South Carolina, such as North Charleston, Goose Creek or Mount Pleasant? Put your trust in the professionals at Mr. Handyman of Charleston and Summerville for expert window repair services.
Call our friendly customer service staff today at to find out more about our services or to schedule a convenient appointment for dependable Charleston window repair services.