Our Maryville handyman services are designed to offer our local community a hassle-free experience during which our clients don’t have to worry about jeopardizing their safety. Not all maintenance and basic home repairs are DIY-friendly; moreover, you need a meticulous eye for detail to inspect the surface and have relevant tools to detect underlying issues. When hiring an expert handyman, Maryville, TN homeowners will get peace of mind in knowing that every tiny detail is taken care of.
Gutter Cleaning and Repair
Not only is gutter cleaning one of the most dreaded seasonal duties, but it’s also the most overlooked maintenance task that often leads to extensive gutter repairs. Knoxville and surrounding areas have earned their reputation for being one of the biggest tree cities in the country because, as far as the eye can see, a lush tree or the typical southern red oak will always be within sight. We have a vast list of highly active trees that grow and shed seasonally.
So, whether you have sectional or seamless rain gutters, it doesn’t take long for a gutter clog to develop and obstruct water flow. It’s important to keep in mind that Maryville gets, on average, 50 inches of rain per year, which is 12 inches more than the country’s overall average. Clogged gutters lead to a series of problems, from water damage in the attic and roof to a compromised foundation.
Signs You Need Gutter Repairs
- Leaky gutter section
- Peeling or fading paint
- Clogged downspouts
- Moisture damage in attic
- Rotted fascia boards
- Sagging sections
- Bad ventilation in attic (caused by blocked soffit vents)
- Pest infestation in attic
- Water stains on siding
- Deteriorating attic insulation
- Shingle damage that calls for roof repair
Benefits of Hiring a Licensed Handyman in Maryville, TN
Our team of maintenance technicians is fully insured and brings the required experience and knowledge to get the job done efficiently. By having us complete your gutter cleaning and repair service, you won’t have to worry about climbing up tall ladders to inspect your gutter system. Our experts will be able to tell your rain gutters’ health and age and whether you’re due for a new gutter installation service. Water damage doesn’t just affect your roof and attic, but if stormwater spills onto your roofline, it will also affect your fascia boards—the boards underneath your roof edges that hold the gutters in place. Though aluminum materials are sturdier, wood-based fascia is prone to wood rot. By having an expert Maryville handyman detect it early, they’ll be able to provide immediate repair options.
When double-pane windows became standard in the 1970s, homeowners noticed improved energy efficiency and comfort. Double-panes or double-glazed windows are also referred to as insulating glass units (IGUs) because they consist of two glass sheets with air or gas trapped in between them to give your windows insulating and protective qualities. You may also have triple-panes or thermopanes (with UV inhibitors, also known as Low-E). For full performance, they need to be carefully inspected and properly installed by a professional. When hiring an expert handyman, Maryville, TN homeowners can count on us to check on the initial installation and quickly detect the leading cause of any issues.
Signs You Need Window Repairs
- Drafts and air leaks
- Rotted frame and sill
- Fog or condensation in between glass panes (insulation failure)
- Outdated windows
- Fault operation
- Outside noises
Some warning signs may not cry for window repair but for a replacement. Any internal issues that concern the air or gas trapped between the panes can be repaired at times but won’t bring you long-term benefits. When you experience any of the above signs, your local Maryville handyman will properly inspect your windows and offer you the best long-term solution.
Without interior walls, your Maryville home won't look finished, nor will you have efficient insulation or spaces to hang pictures and mount TVs. Drywall became popular as a plaster replacement due to being more cost-effective and easier to install, meaning less labor is required. There are also different types and thicknesses, but the most common thickness for interior walls is 1/2 inch.
Water-resistant types include cement board which is typically installed in bathrooms due to the high humidity content. That being said, drywall is not waterproof or bulletproof. Once it has suffered from water damage, such as a burst pipe, it needs to be replaced. On the other hand, popped nails, holes and cracks need immediate repair before they develop into bigger issues.
Drywall repairs are common indoor repair projects that your local Maryville handyman may be assigned to do. Wall and ceiling cracks need thorough inspections as they may signal house settlement during which the corners of your house are settling into the foundation. A healthy uniform settlement is what you want. Minor cracks may appear on your siding or drywall at this stage.
Small holes can be patched easily, whereas larger holes may require a panel replacement before you use drywall compound to hide the seams. It involves a lot of mudding, sanding and painting. When hiring an expert handyman, Maryville, TN homeowners can rely on us to get the job done. Plus, we’ll thoroughly clean up our mess so you’ll have a worry-free experience with our reliable handyman services.
It’s hard to imagine a home or a business without a tile installation, whether it’s used for flooring, walls or countertops. What’s more reliable, versatile and water-resistant than tile? Not much comes to mind!
However, it helps to know and learn about different types of tile, from ceramic to porcelain and glass to marble. They all have different characteristics with different installation and maintenance requirements. Some materials may be more high-maintenance than others.
You may be surprised to know that despite being water-resistant, tile is actually very porous—especially ceramic. That’s why proper surface sealing is essential, in addition to keeping your grout lines clean and resealing the whole system on a periodic basis.
The trick to maintaining your tiles and grout lines is, in fact, staying away from chemical cleaners as they tend to wear out the protective surface seal on ceramic and marble tile faster than natural cleaners like mild soap or vinegar. You may also notice discoloration on the grout lines on your backsplash or shower walls, signaling organic growth. If left untreated, the bacteria will lead the grout to crumble and could even affect your tiles.
Pro Tip! When in need of tile installation or tile repair services from an experienced handyman, Maryville, TN homeowners can trust our team of local experts! Ask our Maryville handyman team about surface glazing, which is liquid glass that works perfectly for backsplashes, or using epoxy grout when installing shower tiles—all for enhanced efficiency and little maintenance!
More Maryville Handyman Services for Your Maryville Home!
The list of Mr. Handyman’s common handyman services goes on! We have a lot more up our sleeves than you think. There might be areas on your property that you didn’t even know needed your attention.
- Pressure Washing: Pressure-washing is a typical spring cleaning duty for the exterior of your home, whether you’re getting your deck ready for the summer or need to prepare your fence surface for resealing. This high-pressure water device can blast away grime, toxic algae and moss within seconds and improve the condition of your outdoor living space.
- Deck Repair: Wood decks require routine maintenance and inspection to stay in shape. Undetected rotted boards, wobbly balusters and erosion around the footing area all pose a safety hazard. When hiring a qualified handyman, Maryville, TN property owners can count on reliable services that will revive their deck, from sanding to board replacement to resealing. Count on us for professional deck repair services.
- Door Replacement: Your front door is designed to protect you from intruders and boost your home’s energy efficiency. Unfortunately, due to daily use, it’s hard not to expect any signs of early wear even though wood and steel doors are made to last for over 20 years. Sanding, sealing and repainting are important parts of maintaining your front door, in addition to caulking and repairing your door frame and applying new weather stripping. Still, the time will come when a replacement is inevitable. Our clients sometimes inquire about more weather-resistant doors that require low maintenance, and our Maryville handyman team often suggests fiberglass doors, as they have a durable exterior and a well-insulated interior. Besides resisting the elements and backing your home’s heating and cooling system, they don't require sealing or painting.