Professional Picture Hanging Tips
Although hiring experienced professionals can save a lot of time and hassle, you may have some pictures you want to try hanging up on your own. The following tips will enable you to execute the job with precision:
- Hang pictures at a height where the center of the frame is at eye level for an average-height person.
- Use sturdy and appropriate hardware to avoid any mishap, especially if the picture is heavy.
- Whenever possible, hang the item on a wall stud for better support and stability.
- Before hanging the artwork, plan the placement by testing it in the designated area to see how it will look.
- For large paintings or pictures, it's best to hire professional picture-hanging services to ensure proper and secure installation.
- To ensure that your pictures hang securely on drywall, it's important to choose the lightest possible frame. For added stability, it's recommended to use wall fasteners rated for specific weights and to use a stud finder when possible.
Picture Hanging FAQ
Our customers often have questions about hanging pictures, and we're happy to help. We've answered some of the most frequently asked questions here:
- What is the best method for hanging pictures? When hanging heavy pictures, screws or specially designed wall mounts should be used for added support. If a wall stud is not available, hollow wall anchors such as toggle bolts, molly bolts, or spiral anchors can be used to secure the frame to the drywall. Additionally, high-quality hangers and hooks can be used for added security.
- Is there a formula for hanging pictures? A commonly used formula for hanging items is to position the center of the piece at 57 inches (1.45 meters) above the floor, which is generally eye level for an average person. This ensures your wall hanging receives the proper appreciation. For items that hang from a wire, use the formula x-y + 57. “X” is half of the height of the frame, while “y” is the distance between the top of the wire when pulled up and the top of the frame.
- How do professionals hang pictures? To hang a picture like the professionals, it is essential to have the right equipment such as good-quality fasteners and a stud finder. Keeping a tape measure and level close by can also ensure accuracy. Secondly, it is advisable to use wall hangers and hooks that are designed specifically for your items and ensure they are rated for the weight of the item being hung. Lastly, for items that use a wire for hanging, it is recommended to use two hooks or wall hangers to provide extra stability and prevent them from falling.
- How can I minimize wall damage when hanging pictures? If you don't want to damage your walls when hanging lightweight items, using adhesive wall hooks or sticky tape can be a great solution. These alternatives to nails, screws, and wall hangers can help you minimize damage to your walls.
Contact Mr. Handyman of Moorestown-Haddonfield-Voorhees
At Mr. Handyman of Moorestown-Haddonfield-Voorhees, we take pride in delivering quality workmanship and excellent customer service to our clients in Cherry Hill, NJ and surrounding. With our picture hanging services, you can trust us to handle all your picture-hanging needs with professionalism, efficiency, and attention to detail. Our team of experts will work closely with you to ensure that your artwork is hung exactly how you want it, and we guarantee your satisfaction with our work. If you're ready to hang your artwork hassle-free, contact us today to schedule a service.
Mr. Handyman of Moorestown – Haddonfield – Voorhees proudly serves Berlin, Cedar Brook, Cherry Hill, Clementon, Collingswood, Gibbsboro, Haddonfield, Haddon Heights, Haddon Township, Lawnside, Maple Shade, Marlton, Medford, Medford Lakes, Moorestown, Mount Laurel, Sicklerville, Voorhees, West Berlin, and Westmont