Explore the Most Popular Kitchen Island Styles
A new customized kitchen island is a great way to make the most of our space that sees use daily. You can use your new island to maximize space, help with meal prep, seat additional guests, or even add a sense of style or personality to your kitchen. Regardless of your reason, our seasoned professionals have the skills, expertise, and equipment to create and install your custom kitchen island quickly and efficiently within your budget. Mr. Handyman of Richmond has compiled a list of some of the more popular styles homeowners use when designing their custom kitchen islands. Take a look at our list, and if you see something you must have, give us a call:
- Miter Drop Edges – Miter drop edges are one of the most popular styles for custom kitchen islands. This look mirrors the look of granite. You’ll get granite's durability, longevity, and functionality without the price tag.
- Waterfall Legs – This unique style uses your countertop, normally granite or some similar material, as the legs for your island. Waterfall legs are steadily becoming popular for homeowners looking for a modern style. One of this style's biggest benefits is its durability and longevity.
- Overhangs – Overhang styles are perfect if you like to entertain guests. This style provides the most functionality out of all our listed ones. You can add cabinets to the underside of the countertop to maximize your storage space.
- Mixed Material – When choosing the size of your kitchen island, consider its impact on your room. Using multiple materials when building can help you hide joints and add functionality. Adding wood elements, such as a chopping block, is a great way to get the most out of your new island.
What to Consider When Thinking About Custom Kitchen Islands
When you're deciding on getting a custom kitchen island, there are some things you should consider. You should consider what style you want, the size of your space versus your kitchen island, and more. If you're unsure, don't hesitate to reach out to Mr. Handyman of Richmond. We'll work with you to help you create and design your custom-made kitchen island. To help you make the decision, we've put together a list of some design choices and decisions you need to consider before starting your kitchen island installation:
- Measure Your Kitchen – Knowing how much space you have to play around with is vital. It allows you to design your kitchen island while still having a functional and walkable kitchen.
- How Do You Intend to Use Your Kitchen Island – Do you want to put a sink or an appliance on your new island? Thinking about these in the design phase will allow you to get the most out of your new kitchen addition.
- Adding More Storage – We suggest creating a list of items you’d want to have in your kitchen at a moment’s notice. This helps determine how much storage you need to add.
- Style – Do you want something sleek and modern or rustic and traditional? We’ll work with you to find the style perfect for your Richmond, VA, home.
Book Your Custom-Made Kitchen Island Today
Mr. Handyman of Richmond understands that deciding on your new custom kitchen island's size, features, and style can be daunting. Our highly trained specialists are dedicated to helping and working with you through the process. Whether you need help deciding on features or are ready to start building, we’re committed to providing unrivaled customer service and the highest quality work possible. Each job we complete is backed by our Neighborly Done Right Promise, ensuring your complete satisfaction. Give us a call today to request service and to start building the kitchen island of your dreams.
Mr. Handyman of Richmond proudly serves Ashland, Chester, Chesterfield, Glen Allen, Henrico, Mechanicsville, Midlothian, Moseley, Richmond, and Sandston.