Even though it's a small room, bathrooms can easily eat up a major chunk of your home renovation budget. The key to bathroom renovation on a budget is completing eye-catching cosmetic changes while leaving major fixtures and walls intact.
Some changes are as easy on the wallet as they are on the eyes. Budget-friendly bathroom renovations include:
- new window treatments
- replacing shower curtains with fashionable shower doors
- installing molding
- drywall repair
- Replacing outdated tile or updating paint colors
Other budget-friendly bathroom updates:
- replacing fixtures such as faucets, towel bars, mirrors, and medicine cabinets or hardware on vanity drawers
- sanding wood features like a vanity and staining it a new shade
- replacing the sink
- re-grouting your tile
- adding a fresh bead of caulk around your bathtub
PICK THE RIGHT COLOR
When choosing paint colors and decorations, keep in mind the space you have to work with. For a small bathroom stick to lighter colors and only use two to three different variations of patterns. This will open up the room and make it feel more spacious.
For great ideas and do-it-yourself advice from professional handymen, visit the Mr. Handyman blog and follow us on Twitter!
BATHROOM RENOVATION SERVICES
Your local Mr. Handyman can help with your bathroom renovation by providing services such as tile repair. As a trained drywall contractor and tile installation professional, our trusted handymen can help your bathroom renovation go smoothly. Request service today to find out all of the ways we can help with your home repair needs.