Frisco Fence Installation and Repair
Fencing is like the frame around your home—not only does it help you create picturesque curb-appeal and boost the value of your home, but it also keeps your family safe. Additionally, fencing can serve to clearly mark your property lines and keep pets from roaming down the street.
When your Frisco fencing becomes damaged, weathered or needs replacing completely, the professional, licensed and insured contractors at Mr. Handyman Frisco are the team to call. We will arrive on-time, bring all the required tools and equipment and treat you and your home respectfully while we expertly install or provide professional fence repair service.
Our Frisco Fencing Services
Our expert and skillful technicians are capable of completing many different fencing related tasks. Whether you want to replace your chain link fence with wrought iron or need to refinish your wood fencing, we can help.
Our team can install a variety of fencing, this includes:
- Wood: Wood fencing is attractive, eco-friendly and durable. With proper care and maintenance, wood fencing can last decades.
- Vinyl: If you would prefer not to have a wood fence, vinyl may be the right option for you. Available in several colors and styles, vinyl fencing also won’t splinter like wood fencing.
- PVC: PVC fences are very durable. They are also a great choice for homeowners who want a fence that requires minimal maintenance.
- Wrought Iron: While wood and vinyl fencing are strong, wrought iron is by far the most durable variety of fencing. It also creates a very elegant and upscale look for your property.
- Aluminum: Aluminum fences are very versatile and can be adjusted to fit your landscaping requirements. It also comes in a variety of colors and styles.
It might seem like once you’ve built a fence it’s going to stay there forever, but the reality is that fences require maintenance. Proper fence maintenance will ensure that your fence lasts for a long time, continues to look aesthetically appealing, and that you can troubleshoot any issues before they escalate.
Our courteous and professional Frisco fence installation and repair team can assist your fence maintenance needs by:
- Removing debris, weeds and rocks from around the fence perimeter.
- Correcting wood fences with boards that touch the ground. Wood fencing that has contact with the ground could absorb moisture and rot.
- Using insecticide to prevent ants and termites from damaging wood fencing.
- Providing power washing services to deep clean your vinyl and PVC fencing once a year.
- Remove peeling or flaking paint and refinish the surface of your fence with a new coat.
- Sand down and re-stain wood fencing that is looking weathered.
- Repair broken boards, loose hinges and damaged posts before they injure your family or pets.
Fence Gate Installation
Perhaps your fence is in great condition, but your gate is damaged, or you are looking to install a different kind of gate for added security. Whatever the case, our Frisco fence installation experts can help. We can install many different kinds of gates:
- Single-door gate: This is the most standard type of gate. Built in the same style as your fence, single door gates typically admit people and are characterized by a diagonal brace.
- Swing gates: Swing gates are available in single or double-door construction. They are particularly effective at preventing vehicles from coming into your property.
- Cantilever gates: If you don’t have a lot of space in your community to accommodate a gate that swings open, consider a sliding gate. Cantilever gates slide open using rollers and appear to be “free floating.”
- Rolling gates: Rolling gates slide open using a track and wheel system embedded on the base.
- Double gates: Double gates are best for enabling vehicles or large equipment—such as landscaping equipment—to enter your property. If you need a double gate, consider also getting a smaller, single-door gate for people to enter more easily onto your property.
Should You Replace or Repair Your Fence?
When you notice signs of damage to your fence, it can be difficult to know if it’s best to repair these areas or to replace the fence entirely. When deciding whether you need to call our Frisco fence installation and repair experts, consider the following:
Common Wood Fence Issues
Since wood is a natural material, it can be more affected by climate and weather, insects, moisture and other environmental impacts. The main indicators that your wood fence needs to be repaired are:
- Warping wood
However, if your fence is severely warped, damaged or rotting, then it will need to be replaced entirely.
The best way to prevent your wood fence from damage is to call the pros at Mr. Handyman Frisco to update your fence’s finishing regularly—whether it is painted or stained—and to repair any cracked or warped panels as quickly as possible. To inquire about repairing or replacing your wood fence, give our experts a call at 972-439-1191.
Common Vinyl/PVC Fence Issues
Typically, vinyl and PVC fencing requires very little maintenance to prevent it from damaging. Yet, these materials do need annual cleaning. The best option to keep your vinyl or PVC fence clean is to hire the power washing services at Mr. Handyman Frisco.
However, vinyl/PVC fencing are not immune to damage—especially if impacted by significant weight like being hit with large debris, equipment or vehicles. This may cause severe damage or cracking, which isn’t something that can be effectively repaired. Rather, the damaged areas will need to be replaced by our skillful Frisco fence installation technicians.
Common Aluminum Fence Issues
Although aluminum is a very strong material, it may need to be replaced if an accident should happen—similar to vinyl or PVC fencing. However, a particular issue affecting aluminum fences is soil erosion. While shifting soil won’t damage your aluminum fence, it will cause the posts to become loose. The best solution to secure loose or wobbling aluminum fence posts is to add more soil or gravel to the section of fence affected.
Common Wrought Iron Fence Issues
The primary problem affecting wrought iron fencing is rust and corrosion. Rust is generally caused by:
- Chipped paint
- Rain and humidity
- Dirt and plant growth
Aside from obvious red rust spots, there are a few other signs that indicate your wrought iron fence is corroding, including:
- Staining along masonry surfaces that touch the fence
- Cracks in masonry that the iron fence is attached to
- Sagging in the fence
- Squeaking gates
What repairs you will need for a rusty wrought iron fence will depend on how bad it rusted. For instance, a small rust spot can be scrubbed away with a wire brush and repainted. However, for more serious damage like a bent post, you will need professional help. If you are unsure as to how badly damaged your wrought iron fence is, contact us online to request a service today.
Why Choose the Fence Installation and Repair Experts at Mr. Handyman Frisco?
Our professional Frisco fence installation contractors are industry leaders for a reason. Each of our technicians possesses an average of 10 years of experience in the trades. All of our team members are licensed and insured.
Also, our team is proud to be locally owned and operated. We’ve been serving the areas of Allen, Aubrey, Denton, Frisco, Little Elm, McKinney, Plano and The Colony since for years. Since our beginning - we have worked hard to establish ourselves as both industry and community leaders.
We promise we will treat you and your home with respect. We will maintain open lines of communication from the beginning of the project up to the satisfying moment of completing your Frisco fence installation and repair job. We will leave your property tidy and clean—the only difference being your newly installed or repaired fence!
Additionally, we pride ourselves on our Done Right Guarantee. We’re so confident that you’ll be happy with the work we’ve completed on your property that should you notice a problem with the workmanship performed, let us know, and we will return to fix the problem.
When you hire the experts at Mr. Handyman of Frisco, you can rest assured that your fence repair or installation project is in good hands. We will work carefully and efficiently to complete the job quickly and correctly. We guarantee we will fix your fence right the first time.
Frequently Asked Questions
Curious to know more about Frisco fence installation and repair? Continue reading to learn some of our frequently asked questions.
How Long Does It Take to Put Up a Fence?
While it depends how large your property and fencing requirements are, typically most fences can be installed between one to three days. If you’d like to know more details about what your fencing job timeline might look like, we invite you to give our friendly team a call at 972-439-1191.
What is the Cheapest Fence to Install?
The cost of different fencing materials varies, from pine wood and chain link on the lower-end to wrought iron on the higher-end. Since material costs vary by region, we suggest reaching out to your local hardware store to inquire about material pricing.
Is Fence Installation Expensive?
Cost for Frisco fence installation will vary depending on the scale of the job and cost of your materials. To ask about our hourly rates, please give us a call at 972-439-1191 or contact us online. Our courteous team will be happy to answer any of your questions and provide more details on the cost of your specific project.
What Do I Need to Know When Installing a Fence?
Hiring the team at Mr. Handyman Frisco to install your fence is one step forward toward project completion. To give you peace of mind, read on to learn a few key things to remember before starting a fence installation job:
- Know what you want. What is your reason for installing a fence? Do you want to protect pets or little ones from running out onto the road? What style suits your home and your budget? What kind of gate do you need? These are all questions that will guide the overall fence installation project.
- Do your research. Does your community have any specific limitations on what kind of fence colors and materials you can use? What about fence height? Do you need a permit? There are many logistical things to consider before building a fence—many of which can be answered with the help of our friendly staff. Give us a call at 972-439-1191 or contact us online to learn more.
- Be a good neighbor. Before beginning your fence building project, it’s polite to let your neighbors know that they can expect a little extra activity in the community because you will be constructing a new fence.
- Consider your landscaping. Adding a row of flowers, decorative grasses or shrubs in front of your fence can add a beautiful and welcoming look. Or, consider attaching planter hooks to your wooden fence and insert flowerpots for a “living wall” aesthetic.
- Hire the pros. Putting up a fence by yourself can be time-consuming work that is more difficult than it seems. By trusting the pros at Mr. Handyman Frisco, you can rest assured that your fence will be securely and correctly installed the first time.
Book a Frisco Fence Installation Appointment Today!
Are you ready to book a fence installation or repair job with the team at Mr. Handyman Frisco? From putting up a brand new, white-picket vinyl fence to refinishing a stained wood fence, our expert contractors possess all the necessary skills, knowledge and equipment to help you create an attractive and functional fence. With our help, you can boost your home’s curb appeal and keep your family and pets safe with your new—or newly updated—fence.
We invite you to give us a call today at 972-439-1191 or go online to request a service. Our administrative team will be ready to answer any questions you may have to get your fencing project going. We look forward to hearing from you!