Frisco Finish Carpenter
If you're interested in increasing the value and aesthetic appeal of your entire house, or adding additional function and amenities that you don't currently have, it's time to call your local Frisco handyman. A skilled carpenter can do more than you may think to visually transform your home, repair broken or deteriorated woodwork and install practical additions to make your life easier. When you're ready to experience all the benefits of expertly-done finish carpentry in Frisco, TX, the professionals at Mr. Handyman are here to help with reliable service and outstanding workmanship.
Services Provided By Our Expert Frisco Finish Carpentry Team
Our Frisco finish carpenters have a broad range of skills that come in handy for a wide variety of possible projects in your house. There are so many options for lovely custom wood features and they can be made to your particular specifications, which is one of the best things about having something made especially for your property.
Here are a few ideas for finish carpentry services you may want to include in your home improvement plans:
- Fireplace mantels
- Exterior and interior custom trim like baseboards and crown molding
- Door and window trim
- Spindles or balusters
- Wall paneling, wainscoting and chair rails
- Bookcases and shelving
- Window seats and other built-in furniture
- Wet or dry bar
- Custom vanity in the bedroom or bathroom
- Entertainment centers
- Decorative shutters
- Play space amenities, including toy boxes and cubbies
- Closet dividers and storage solutions
Pick Mr. Handyman When You Need Reliable Finish Carpentry in Frisco, TX
Did you know that our multi-skilled team of improvement professionals can save you time and money by crossing multiple tasks off your list in a single appointment? Along with finish carpentry, Frisco, TX homeowners can expect us to deliver a wide variety of expertly-done services as well, including stair repair projects, drywall repair and much more.
We aim to please, which is why we focus on 100% customer satisfaction. We'll show up on time, in uniform and driving a company vehicle so you can trust that we are who we say we are. We understand and value clear communication, so we'll keep you updated throughout your finish carpentry project and answer any questions you may have along the way. Whether you need new custom shelves or just replacement baseboards, you can rely on Mr. Handyman to provide breathtaking results.
Frisco Finish Carpenter FAQs
Do you have questions about a certain finish carpentry project that has been on your mind, or want to know more about our handyman services? Call our knowledgeable office staff at (972) 439-1191 or read our replies to a few common questions below.
What Is the Difference Between a Rough Carpenter and a Finish Carpenter?
There are a very wide variety of carpentry services that may be necessary for your residential or commercial property, but they can be broken down into a few broad categories. Basically, carpenters construct or repair wooden structures and items. However, many carpenters choose to specialize in a particular category such as finish, rough or cabinetry.
- Rough Carpentry: This refers to large-scale construction work, including framing, which is handled during the initial construction phases or when a property owner decides to add an extension to an existing building.
- Finish Carpentry: This broad category is what most people think of when they picture carpentry work. It applies to all carpentry that is done on the interior of a home after the building is constructed, such as trim carpentry for components like crown molding and baseboards, installing door and window frames, mantels, wall paneling, wainscoting, balusters or spindles, built-in furniture like china cabinets and bookshelves, and more.
- Custom Cabinetry: Built-in cabinets are actually a kind of finish carpentry work, but because cabinet installation is a huge project and there's always a lot of demand for it, many woodworking professionals choose a cabinetry specialization. This kind of service will typically include design, construction and installation for a set of cabinets.
It's common for carpenters to start off learning the basics with rough carpentry and eventually move on to being a finish carpenter. That's not to say that rough work isn't important or doesn't need to be top quality—it does have to hold up entire buildings, after all. But it's usually not visible in a finished building, so it doesn't have to look beautiful. Finish carpentry, on the other hand, includes highly visible components that can have a major effect on the appeal of a room, so it requires skill and finesse to make them look great.
Can a Frisco Finish Carpenter Repair Wooden Items or Structures?
Installations aren't the only work our Frisco finish carpenter team offers. Residential and commercial properties usually include wooden structures or components that are susceptible to damage and need the occasional repair. Fortunately, we have the skill and experience to get them looking as good as the day they were installed. There are a number of potential problems that may be affecting your interior or exterior woodwork, including:
- Scratches and gouges
- Flaking paint or wood stain
- Popping or loose nails
But the most common issue by far, particularly for any wood that is exposed to damp conditions like rain and humidity, is wood that is discolored, softened and crumbling apart due to wood rot. Timber is particularly vulnerable to rot when it's outside because wood rot only occurs in wood with a high moisture content. The best way to deal with this problem is to replace the affected material entirely, especially since wood rot is capable of spreading and some varieties can even travel over non-wood surfaces like masonry.
Do You Need a Capable Frisco Finish Carpenter? Call Mr. Handyman!
Are you looking for experienced finish carpentry? Frisco, TX residents and those in nearby areas such as Celina, Hackberry and Pilot Point can stop the search and call the experts at Mr. Handyman of Frisco.
Get in contact with our friendly customer service staff by calling (972) 439-1191, and schedule an appointment with our handyman experts or learn more about why we're considered Frisco's top choice for trusted handyman services.