The kitchen is the heart of the home, and countertops are the finishing touch that makes them a place families want to spend a lot of time in. From after-school homework to late-night meals at the kitchen bar, while countertops aren’t something Dallas homeowners often think about, they are what makes or breaks the atmosphere in your kitchen. With that in mind, why not go the extra mile when it comes to countertop installation, Dallas?
Choosing a professional Dallas handyman for the job will not only bring you peace of mind knowing the installation will be done correctly but can also assure you that you won’t experience issues with it going forward. Mr. Handyman of Dallas is here to assist with the entire process. Whether you need a hand-picking out of your countertop material for your kitchen or bathroom or figuring out the layout, our team of experts can do it all. We’ll make sure you get exactly what you’re picturing in your head.
Is countertop installation just part of a larger home improvement project? We offer a variety of specialized services for your kitchen, bathroom, and more. Call us today.
About Our Dallas Countertop Installation Services
Considering Mr. Handyman for your countertop installations, Dallas? Then you need to know more about how our service works. Installing your countertops is one of the final steps taken when remodeling or building your kitchen or bathroom; however, it’s also possible for homes that already have existing countertops and want new ones. Seeking countertop replacement instead? The installation process will look like this:
- Prep the countertop area. Remove all small appliances and clear surrounding items and furniture to allow for an easy installation. We will also need to shut off gas and water lines and cover electrical outlets.
- Remove the sink. This consists of detaching the fasteners that attach the sink to your countertops, prying up the sink, and peeling off any adhesive around it.
- Remove the old countertop. Depending on what it’s made from, removing the old countertop may be as simple as using a sharp instrument to cut the old silicone adhesive that attaches the countertop to your cabinets.
- Dry fit the new countertop. To make sure the counter fits the specifications of your cabinets and kitchen, we’ll place the new counter on top before applying any type of adhesive. The material should fit closely against the wall, but if it doesn’t, we’ll use a sander to ensure that it does.
- Attach the new countertop. This involves applying caulk or adhesive to the tops of your cabinets and ensuring everything is properly aligned. The adhesive will need to dry for a few hours before we can check our work. If, after drying, we find there are holes, we’ll go back and fill them to ensure a flawless finish.
- Seal the wall joint and install the backsplash. If you would like a backsplash, ask about our backsplash installation service along with countertop installation. The two go hand in hand to create a beautiful finish.
- Reinstall appliances. This is the final step. We will hook everything in your kitchen and bathroom back up, but be sure to refrain from using your sink for a full 24 hours after installation.
What about if you’re building your kitchen or bathroom from the ground up? Then we’ll need to do a bit more on the template and design side of things. This involves planning out where your sinks and faucets will be installed and what their measurements are. Other elements we will need to consider include:
- Overhangs: Will your countertop overhang your cabinet? If so, they might need bracing. Overhangs from 6 to 13 inches may not require bracing, but any longer may require a bracket for added support.
- Counter height: How high would you like your counter to come up? This depends on personal preference and if you or your family require any special accommodations. The cabinets you have chosen for your kitchen or bathroom will determine how high your counter is, and if you are also installing a bar, you will need to ask your contractor to plan for this.
- Added support: While your kitchen cabinets usually provide enough support for your countertops, heavier materials and appliances might compromise the integrity of your cabinets with time.
- Seams: Most counters have seams. Seams are what join the pieces of your countertop together, though seamless units do exist. To make sure your countertop looks great, we need to know where the seams will be.
Types of Materials For Countertop Installation | Dallas, TX
Dallas homeowners take pride in the appearance of their homes, and they know that choosing the right type of countertop material is integral to the overall aesthetic of their kitchen and bathroom. Since they’re now well-versed in countertop installation, Dallas homeowners might be wondering what their material options are. The first thing to know? Each one has its own set of benefits and disadvantages depending on your home and preferences. It’s important to consult a professional installer so that you choose the right one. Read on to discover the most commonly used materials for bathroom and kitchen countertops in the United States.
- Marble: Choose marble countertops if you would like a completely unique countertop unlike anyone else's! Each slab of marble is totally unique, but it can be quite expensive. It’s also easy to damage and expensive to repair, but boy, does it look exquisite!
- Quartz: A quartz countertop is non-porous and resistant to scratching and staining. Quartz is a beautiful option for your kitchen counters and bathroom vanities and comes in a variety of colors. However, it’s also one of the more expensive options. Thinking of adding quartz countertops, Dallas? Your local professional will steer you in the right direction.
- Granite: One of the most popular materials for countertop installation Dallas residents often gravitate to. Granite is durable and looks beautiful. It’s heat-resistant and very versatile, with close to 3,000 different colors and types available for locals. As a natural stone, it’s more expensive than other materials and is quite porous. This means it will stain. If you want granite countertops, Dallas, be sure to get to know their pros and cons.
- Ceramic tile: This very easy-to-clean material is perfect for countertops, backsplashes, and floors and is a great alternative to granite. It’s less expensive than natural stone slabs; however, the grout required to lay it is easily stained and needs regular cleaning.
- Laminate: An inexpensive option for Dallas homeowners made from plastic-coated synthetics. Laminate countertops are easy to clean and very versatile, with many color options and patterns. With that said it’s quite easy to damage and often chips.
Other material options include engineered stone, stainless steel, slate, zinc, recycled glass, bamboo, paper composite, and more. Not sure which to choose? Ask your local professional for advice. They’ll take your needs and budget into consideration before showing you your options.
Why Choose Mr. Handyman for Professional Countertop Installation, Dallas?
The company you choose to install your countertops matters greatly. Why? Because we’ve all seen dodgy or ill-fitted countertops before and know the difference a sleek, professionally installed one makes in the aesthetics of your kitchen and bathroom. As the last part of kitchen or bathroom remodeling, this one job is the finishing touch that can make or break your room. It ties the look of your flooring, appliances, and fixtures together, so be sure that while choosing a professional for the job, you choose one that knows a thing or two about material options and design. That’s your Dallas handyman.
We have the right experience and knowledge to perform high-quality installations and guide you in the right direction in regard to material selection and design. Our expert technicians have an average of ten years of experience and provide an exceptional level of service that gets talked about. We’re known as the company locals choose when looking for excellent customer service and complete satisfaction. When ready to see the difference our experienced team makes for countertop installation, Dallas homeowners can dial (972)627-4518. We specialize in a wide range of home improvement services, including tile repair, cabinet repair, flooring installation, and interior trim repair, to take care of all of your remodeling needs and help you create the house you’ve always dreamed of.
Seeking expert local handyman service near you? If you’re a resident in the Dallas area, such as Farmers Branch, Garland, or Richardson, leave all the work to us and benefit from our quality craftsmanship!
Frequently Asked Questions About Countertop Installation Dallas Homeowners Should Know The Answers To
Do Countertops Sit Directly on Cabinets?
Remodeling or building your kitchen or bathroom? If so, your countertop project will be some of the last parts of the process. They are installed after the flooring, cabinets, and even the appliances. Your countertops will sit directly on top of your cabinets, and after they have been set up, the final measurements for your countertops can be taken before model fabrication and the material is cut. After this takes place, your professional countertop installer will fit and secure your new counter.
What is Countertop Templating?
Countertop templating is the planning process of constructing your countertops. It involves making a pattern that allows the fabricator to create your countertop with the exact measurements needed for the job. Without these measurements, the material cannot be cut to the right size to fit in your kitchen or bathroom. Arguably, this is the most important part of countertop installation.
How is it done? Templates are made by using thin plywood strips pieced together to mark the size and shape. Once this is done, a more advanced model can be created via photogrammetry, which will piece together the plywood model and create a 3D image.
How Long Does Countertop Installation Take?
It depends on the size and complexity of the job. Countertop installation can take as little as a day and as long as two weeks. The actual amount of time it takes to install your countertops is based on what work needs to be done. If you are installing countertops for the first time, more work needs to be completed. If you already have existing countertops, the old ones will need to be removed before we can install the new ones. After your new countertop has been installed, it will need to sit for 24 hours before you use the sink. It’s important for Dallas homeowners to properly prepare for this as the kitchen and bathroom are usually the two places where access to water is the most important.
What Needs to be Done Before Countertop Installation?
Quite a lot needs to be done before countertop installation, especially if you are remodeling your kitchen or bathroom completely. This includes installing sinks, choosing the material you would like, and countertop templating. If you already have an existing countertop and simply wish to replace the material, the following steps should be taken before the date of your installation:
- Remove all items from your counter, such as microwaves, coffee makers, blenders, and dish racks
- Take away all items that sit around your countertops, such as chairs, tables, or bookcases
- Empty the cabinets below your countertops and remove the top set of drawers
- The rest is up to your Dallas handyman!
Is Countertop Installation in Dallas Expensive?
The cost of countertop installation in Dallas varies from project to project. As you can imagine, a kitchen countertop is much larger than a bathroom countertop, so we’ll need to know the specifics of your unique project before we can give you an idea of what it would cost. Other factors that affect the cost? The type of material you choose. There is much variation in price when it comes to materials, and a granite countertop or stone countertop is more expensive than a laminate one. Once you select your preferred material, you can count on our experienced contractors for professional installation. The first step in the process is to contact a member of our valued customer care team. They’ll help you set up a convenient time for your initial consultation where you can discuss the project in depth with our licensed contractors.
Transform Your Kitchen With Countertop Installation, Dallas! Call Mr. Handyman Today
Your countertops are one of the most important parts of your kitchen. That is precisely why they should be installed by a professional. Mr. Handyman of Dallas has extensive experience in countertop installation. Our expert team of technicians is highly skilled in remodeling kitchens and homes and has the certifications needed to do the job properly and safely.
Countertop installation can be a finicky process, and having all the right equipment and supplies on hand is integral to completing the job correctly and up to customers’ discerning standards. We know how important kitchen and bathroom countertops are to your home, and that’s exactly why we’re the company for the job. We’re proud to service Dallas-Fort Worth and the surrounding cities.
When ready to schedule countertop installation, Dallas residents and neighbors in the surrounding areas should call. Remodeling more than just your countertops? Ask about adding backsplash installation, kitchen remodel, or bathroom remodel to your countertop installation, Dallas! Get the home you’ve been dreaming of! Our customer service team is ready to take your call.