Professional Drywall Repair in Lehi, UT
Most people rarely notice or think about drywall, and that's how it's supposed to be. Ideally, it'll fade right into the background. But when it needs drywall repair, Lehi, UT homeowners notice it too much and can't stop staring at the big, ugly patch of damage on their wall or ceiling. Drywall damage isn't just a cosmetic problem, though. It can also increase your energy bills and make your home less comfortable.
The solution to avoiding those consequences is to call your local Lehi handyman professionals at Mr. Handyman of Lehi, Provo and Spanish Fork. Our experienced team has the skill and expertise to take care of a wide range of issues with your wall and ceiling surfaces, along with dozens of other repair, maintenance, improvement and installation services designed to enhance the appeal and function of your house or business.
About Our Trusted Lehi Drywall Repair Services
When it comes to drywall repair in Lehi, UT, the professionals at Mr. Handyman are the local experts. From minor surface damage such as scratches and scuffs to major projects that required patching or panel replacements, our skilled technicians have handled it all for the homeowners and business owners of Lehi and the surrounding areas. But more importantly, we've made sure that our repair work is always long-lasting, sturdy, and completely invisible so there's no compromise to the appearance of your ceiling or wall.
Some contractors will only take care of certain steps of the process and leave the homeowner with work to do before and after they deliver their services, but you never have to worry about that when you call our handyman team. We'll take care of the entire process from start to finish and keep you informed step by step so you know what's going on.
Our Lehi drywall repair services include professional solutions for many common types of damage, such as:
- Nail Holes, Dents and Small Cracks: Minor instances of surface damage may look ugly, but they're thankfully pretty easy to erase with drywall repair. Lehi, UT pros on our team handle this type of damage by filling in the problem area with a lightweight Spackle and feathering the edges to blend it into the surface. When it's dry, we'll apply a coat of paint to conceal the repair.
- Small Hole in Drywall: If the issue at hand is a small hole that is less than about four inches in diameter, your handyman will likely opt to use an adhesive mesh patch. After cleaning up the edges of the opening, we apply a patch and cover it with multiple layers of joint compound. After it has dried, we'll sand it smooth and cover it with texture spray, then paint the wall so it's a uniform, even surface.
- Larger Holes: If you've got a hole larger than four inches wide, a mesh patch isn't going to be strong enough to hold up as a drywall repair solution. Instead, we'll cut out the damaged portion of the panel from wall stud to wall stud and nail a support plank or piece of plywood in place. We'll then cut a new piece of Sheetrock and screw it in to place on the wall studs. The next step is to cover the seams along the edges of our patch with joint tape and apply several layers of joint compound over top. When it's dry, we'll sand it down, apply texture spray and paint the entire wall.
- Ceiling and Textured Drywall Repair: If you’ve got a textured ceiling or drywall surface that has suffered from damage, our team can complete the repairs necessary not only to fix the wall or ceiling, but also to match the repairs with your existing drywall texture to create a seamless finish.
Rely On Mr. Handyman for Drywall Repair in Lehi, UT
When you want the best quality workmanship and proper repair methods, there's only one team you should call. Trust the experts at Mr. Handyman of Lehi, Provo and Spanish Fork for long-lasting, invisible drywall repair. Lehi, UT homeowners and business owners alike can count on us to go the extra mile for their drywall repair project. We also offer drywall installation and numerous other services such as finish carpentry.
Reach us at 801-890-3843 to get your questions answered or schedule a service appointment.
Frequently Asked Questions About Drywall Repair in Lehi
What Caused My Drywall Repair Issue?
It's not always completely obvious what caused the issue that needs professional drywall repair. Lehi, UT houses can undergo a wide array of issues that damage ceilings or walls, and sometimes it's very clear what the problem is because you saw it happen. But if it wasn't sudden, it may be difficult to trace back to its source.
Common causes of Sheetrock damage we see often in Lehi and the surrounding areas include:
- Nail and screw holes
- Stress cracks
- Peeling, loose or bubbling tape
- Moisture problems like softening or water stains caused by a plumbing or roof leak
- Cracks and popping drywall nails caused by the building shifting and settling
- Chewing or scratching by dogs and cats
- Gouges on ceiling from aggressive popcorn ceiling removal
- Small damage that worsens over time
Is It Less Costly to Just Get Replacement Instead of Drywall Repairs?
It makes sense to ask that, because there are quite a few home repair projects that really aren't that cost effective or time-saving compared to just replacing the entire thing with a new installation. Drywall, however, is not one of those things. In most cases where there's a single spot of damage—even if it's a really big spot—Lehi drywall repair is the best option. The results are satisfying and it's more cost effective overall. The only exception is if there's widespread, severe damage across an entire room or area of a house, in which case it makes more sense just to remove everything and start from scratch.
Do You Need Drywall Repair in Lehi, UT or a Nearby Area? Mr. Handyman is Here to Help!
If you live in Lehi or a nearby area such as Highland, Alpine or Spanish Fork, long-lasting, professional quality repair is only a phone call away at 801-890-3843. Get in touch with the friendly customer service representatives at Mr. Handyman of Lehi, Provo and Spanish Fork to find out more about our reliable handyman service or to book an appointment for drywall repairs that will provide outstanding results like those in the images below.