When it comes to drywall repair, Lehi, UT homeowners can trust the professionals at Mr. Handyman. From minor surface damage such as scratches and scuffs to major projects that require patching or panel replacements, our skilled technicians have handled it all for the homeowners and business owners of Lehi and surrounding areas. But more importantly, we've made sure that our repair work is always long-lasting, sturdy, and completely invisible so there's no compromise to the appearance of your ceiling or wall.
A general contractor might only take care of certain steps of the process and leave homeowners with work to do before and after they deliver their services. But you never have to worry about that when you call our Lehi handyman team. We'll take care of the entire process from start to finish and keep you informed step by step so you know what's going on.
Our Lehi drywall repair services include professional solutions for many common types of damage, such as:
- Nail Holes, Dents and Small Cracks: Minor instances of surface damage may look ugly, but they're thankfully pretty easy to erase with drywall repair. Lehi, UT pros on our team handle this type of damage by filling in problem areas with a lightweight Spackle and feathering the edges to blend it into the surface. When it's dry, we'll apply a coat of paint to conceal the repair.
- Small Hole in Drywall: If the issue at hand is a small hole that is less than about four inches in diameter, your handyman will likely opt to use an adhesive mesh patch. After cleaning up the edges of the opening, we apply a patch and cover it with multiple layers of joint compound. After it has dried, we'll sand it smooth and cover it with texture spray, then paint the wall so it's a uniform, even surface.
- Larger Holes: If you've got a hole larger than four inches wide, a mesh patch isn't going to be strong enough to hold up as a drywall repair solution. Instead, we'll cut out the damaged portion of the panel from wall stud to wall stud and nail a support plank or piece of plywood in place. We'll then cut a new piece of Sheetrock and screw it in to place on the wall studs. The next step is to cover seams along the edges of our patch with joint tape and apply several layers of joint compound over the top. When it's dry, we'll sand it down, apply texture spray and paint the entire wall.
- Ceiling and Textured Drywall Repair: If you’ve got a textured ceiling or drywall surface that has suffered from damage, our team can complete the repairs necessary not only to fix the wall or ceiling but also to match the repairs with your existing drywall texture to create a seamless finish.
We take pride in our work, which is why we back every one of our handyman services with a Neighborly Done Right Promise. We won’t leave the site until you’re happy with the result. After all, this is your home we’re dealing with, and it’s you that will have to stare at a botched repair job. That’s the difference in hiring a professional drywall company like Mr. Handyman makes. Providing a thorough service from start to finish, get in touch with one of our valued customer service team members to schedule your in-home estimate.
Rely On Mr. Handyman for Drywall Repair, Lehi UT!
While taking on any home repair job yourself is always tempting, time and time again, homeowners wish they had just called their local drywall contractor, to begin with. This particular type of repair job isn’t always straightforward and larger damage will require a lot of precision. From tracking down the right tools to measuring strategically, you’ll need to double-check there are no hazards behind your wall, such as electrical wires, and take care when using cutting tools.
When you’ve decided to forgo the DIY job, what makes you call Mr. Handyman over another repair company? It comes down to a precise equation of expertise, quality work, excellent customer service, and our Neighborly Done Right Promise. We back every job we do with the promise it will be done right, and that’s something our clients rely on.
When you want the best quality workmanship and proper repair methods, there's only one team you should call. Trust the experts at Mr. Handyman of Lehi, Provo and Spanish Fork for long-lasting, invisible drywall repair. Lehi, UT homeowners and business owners alike can count on us to go the extra mile for their drywall repair project. We also offer drywall installation and numerous other services, such as finish carpentry or fence repairs.
Reach us to get your questions answered or schedule a service appointment.
Frequently Asked Questions About Drywall Repair in Lehi
What caused my drywall repair issue?
It's not always completely obvious what caused the issue that needs professional drywall repair. Lehi, UT houses can undergo a wide array of issues that damage ceilings or walls, and sometimes it's very clear what the problem is because you saw it happen. But if it wasn't sudden, it may be difficult to trace back to its source.
Common causes of Sheetrock damage we often see in Lehi and the surrounding areas include:
- Nail and screw holes
- Stress cracks
- Peeling, loose or bubbling tape
- Moisture problems like softening or water stains caused by a plumbing or roof leak
- Cracks and popping drywall nails caused by the building shifting and settling
- Chewing or scratching by dogs and cats
- Gouges on ceiling from aggressive popcorn ceiling removal
- Small damage that worsens over time
If you have noticed any of the previous signs of damage, you should get in contact with your local Lehi drywall repairman right away. We can come in for an in-home inspection and detect the root of the issue. After that, if you’d like to hire us for our quality service, we can give you an estimate of what the job cost will be. Remember that due to the fact that there are numerous types of drywall damage, costs will vary.
Is it less costly to just get replacement instead of drywall repairs?
It makes sense to ask that because there are quite a few home repair projects that really aren't that cost effective or time-saving compared to just replacing the entire thing with a new installation. Drywall; however, is not one of those things. In most cases where there's a single spot of damage—even if it's a really big spot—Lehi drywall repair is the best option. The results are satisfying and it's more cost effective overall. The only exception is if there's widespread, severe damage across an entire room or area of a house, in which case it makes more sense just to remove everything and start from scratch.
Can I repair drywall myself?
It's possible to do a great job yourself, but you’ll need the right materials and knowledge. Because there is a wide range of drywall repair jobs, you’ll need to find out exactly which materials are required. From spackle to mesh to patches, if you don’t know the first thing about drywall, you’ll definitely need to consult a professional. If you choose to talk to an assistant in your favorite home improvement store instead of a professional home repair company, you’ll get expert advice and procure the right materials and tools, however, you can’t be sure you’ll walk away from your job knowing it’s done right. Some issues that homeowners run into when they take on repairs themselves include:
- Larger holes in the wall than when they started
- Drywall patches or mesh that show through paint
- Damaged wires when cutting into the wall
- Cracks and visible seams from improper installation
- Sagging ceiling from using a product that is too thin
These are just a few of the many symptoms of a bad drywall repair job, but you can avoid them completely by hiring a professional Lehi drywall repairman. Our team of experts is skilled in the trade, with an average of ten years of experience. We know the correct way to measure, the thickness of materials required, and the right products for a flawless finish. The last thing you want after a tricky DIY repair job is to have to do it again, so skip the hassle and call us instead.
How much does drywall repair cost?
There are a number of factors that go into the final cost of drywall repair. It’s almost impossible for us to give you a ballpark estimate because of this. Repair jobs vary in terms of size and complexity, and it isn’t uncommon for homeowners to add additional services, such as painting or ceiling repair, at the same time. The best way to get an accurate estimate for your job is to set up an in-home inspection. We’ll come to your home at a convenient time and you’ll walk us through what needs to be done. Based on your needs and the issues we observe, we’ll break down the process and its associated costs for complete transparency. When you agree on the price, we’ll arrange another time and date that works for you to complete the drywall service.
Do You Need Drywall Repair Lehi, UT? Mr. Handyman Is Here to Help!
Most Lehi homeowners don’t know how integral drywall is to their homes. Of course, it’s a big part of how finished walls and structures look, but not many consider the impact it has on their utility bills. Staring at a gaping hole in their walls isn’t high on anyone’s wish list, and when seeking Drywall Repair, Lehi UT residents can count on our skilled team for fast and reliable service.
If you live in Lehi or a nearby area such as Highland, Saratoga Springs or Spanish Fork, long-lasting, professional quality repair is only a phone call away at. Get in touch with the friendly customer service representatives at Mr. Handyman of Lehi, Provo and Spanish Fork to find out more about our reliable handyman service or to book an appointment for drywall repairs that will provide outstanding results like those in the images below.