QUESTION TO MR. HANDYMAN
I am not sure how or what I should be considering when looking for the best company to service my house. Can you please help me? Thank You.
What do YOU look for in a service provider?
When you hire a professional to provide a service in your home, you are entrusting someone with one of your most valuable assets.
Naturally, when you make a buying decision about service, you must consider factors above and beyond price—while price is still important, you want a provider who will meet your needs efficiently and effectively.
As consumers, we have pretty high expectations of service. We expect timely service, a good job, and a fair price. These are the minimums we expect. We can get those things from just about anyone in the yellow pages. But the details of what we’re not getting from most of those service providers are extremely important. Here are a few questions to ask that can help you separate the good guys from the pretenders.
- Does someone answer your call, or does it go to voicemail?
- Are they’re technicians bonded and insured?
- Are they background checked for your safety?
- How is their service after the initial job? Is it proactive?
- How’s their online reputation? Are they highly rated by consumers via Google+, Yelp, Angie’s List?
- Do their employees have at least 15-20 years of experience?
- Are their technicians company employees or do they subcontract?
- Do they look professional? Do they arrive in a marked vehicle and uniforms?
- Are quality materials used?
- Do they have an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau?
Ask these questions when looking for any service provider. They will help you make an educated decision about who to hire to provide service to your home.
If you decide to have a Mr. Handyman visit you, our experienced techs would be able to help you with this and any other jobs you wish to have done. No job is too small; we promise to live up to our motto, “On Time Done Right.”
Be sure to ask about our FREE “Home Maintenance Review” and have your house checked from top to bottom. Call us today at (203) 373-7717!
If you have any questions about home repair, e-mail them to: [email protected].
Your Friends at Mr. Handyman