There is an increased demand to stay comfortable at home instead of being moved to a nursing home. In fact, a recent AARP survey found that 88% of respondents (all of whom were 50 years or older) claimed that it was extremely important to have services that allowed for them to “age in place.”
As we grow older, many will need assistance with tasks but still want to maintain a level of control and independence. Most homes in Fairfield County will require modiﬁcations to meet the goals of safety, accessibility, independence and longevity.
Why Choose Mr. Handyman?
Providing professional and cost effective solutions is Mr. Handyman’s promise.
We are certiﬁed by the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) as an Aging In Place Specialist (CAPS). The home repair professionals at Mr. Handyman of Upper Fairfield County has been trained to identify and install practical modiﬁcations based on your individual needs.
Benefits of Using a Certified Aging in Place Specialist (CAPS)
- Unique understanding of the needs of the older adult population
- Trained to help you identify solutions to your particular needs
- Able to recommend innovative and stylish ways to improve your home
- Ability to install Aging In Place modifications and products
- Program developed in association with AARP
- CAPS Code of Ethics and commitment to ongoing training
We can come to your home and preform various tasks and modifications that make it possible for you to stay comfortably in our home. Just some of the aging-in-place services we can provide in upper Fairfield County include:
- Curbless Showers
- Raising of Toilet Seats
- Installation of Grab Bars
- Threshold Ramps
- Interior and Exterior Stair Railings
- Installing shower assist seats
- Replacing carpet with wood or tile ﬂooring
- Enhancing light ﬁxtures with brighter bulbs
- Installation of stair lift systems
- Unique needs in your home
For prompt and professional handyman services in upper Fairfield County, turn to Mr. Handyman. We arrive in uniform and are fully insured. Contact us to address your aging-in-place needs today!