Whether you’ve just moved into a new home or are doing home renovations, finishing your deck or patio can dramatically improve its appearance. Deck staining and finishing also protects your deck from damage, wear and tear, and splinters. Staining or painting a concrete patio can improve its appearance and protect it from stains, gouges, and scratches. If you don’t have the time or experience to take care of the project yourself, call us at Mr. Handyman of the Western Main Line for professional deck staining and stained concrete patios in Malvern, PA. We offer quality, affordable deck staining services, deck finishing options, and concrete patio staining across Pennsylvania. Call our live answering service to schedule an appointment or request an appointment online. Our team of experts has years of experience in deck and patio staining, finishing, and painting so your property remains attractive, safe, comfortable, and protected.
Check Out Our Deck Finishing Ideas
If your deck is old, cracked, splintered, and peeling, it’s definitely time to call us for deck finishing or deck staining services. We can enhance the beauty of your deck and also extend its lifespan by protecting it from insects, wind, water, and other damage. For examples of our work or deck finishing ideas and inspiration, just check out our finished deck pictures. If you’re considering a deck makeover or it’s been too long since you invested in deck staining or deck painting, take a look at these deck finishing ideas for some inspiration and then give us a call to ask about the cost to stain a deck in your area:
- Wood Deck Stain - Wood deck stains come in different colors and finishes, so you can find one that complements your home’s overall aesthetic or your home’s exterior finish. You can typically choose between a honey stain, clear stain, two-tone stain, walnut stain, cherry stain, redwood stain, or light oak stain.
- Deck Painting - If you prefer the look of a painted deck over a natural stained deck, you can choose between hundreds of different colors for deck painting. The most popular deck painting colors our customers choose are driftwood gray, black, whitewash, green, slate, barn red, white, light blue, mission brown, classic taupe, and colony blue.
- Oil-based Deck Finishing - Oil-based deck finishing is easy to apply and penetrates through the wood, so it doesn’t create a film. It won’t crack or peel and you can refinish small areas as needed over the years rather than refinishing the whole deck.
- Water-based Deck Finishing - Water-based deck finishing dries quickly and forms a protective film. It is more likely to crack and peel over the years and must be completely removed before you begin refinishing
Our Trendy & Timeless Patio Finishing Services
If you have a stone or concrete patio, sealing or painting it can preserve its beauty and elevate the aesthetics of your outdoor living space. In many regions, painting a concrete patio can even increase your home’s resale value. If you’re not sure where to start but you know you’re interested in concrete patio staining, check out some examples of our trendy and timeless patio finishing services and then give us a call to schedule an appointment:
- Acid stain concrete patio
- Concrete patio staining
- Gray stain concrete patio Painting a concrete patio to look like stone.
Painting Vs. Staining Your Deck or Patio: Which Is Best?
Are you trying to choose between deck painting and deck staining? It may come down to your own personal aesthetics. Each option has its pros and cons, requires different levels of maintenance and upkeep, and can work in any kind of weather or climate. Here’s a quick look at the pros of each deck finishing option:
- Deck Staining - Deck staining is typically limited to shades of brown or natural wood, but it usually lasts much longer than deck painting. Deck stain tends to be less expensive and usually already contains a primer, so you don’t need to spend more money. Stain is easier to apply and requires less drying time.
- Deck Painting - Deck painting offers much more variety with styles and colors. It also generally lasts longer than deck staining, so you won’t have to pay for deck finishing as often. Paint is easy to maintain, and you can repair small areas without needing to repaint your entire deck.
The Outstanding Benefits of Patio & Deck Finishing
Restoring your deck or patio to its initial beauty offers many benefits for you and your family. Deck finishing and concrete patio staining seals the material, protecting it from wear and tear and the elements. Over time, your deck or patio will need to be repainted, resealed, or refinished. Calling a professional for patio and deck finishing in Phoenixville, PA will give you these outstanding benefits:
- Improve the overall aesthetics of your home
- Make the space more comfortable for friends and family to relax in
- Enhance your safety
- Extend the lifespan of your deck or patio
- Create a comfortable outdoor living space Increase your home’s curb appeal or resale value
- Protect the deck or patio from damage
- Protect you and your family from splinters, stubbed toes, and more
Hiring a professional will guarantee that the job is done correctly the first time and can end up saving you time and money in the long term. A professional will also know how to remove stains from a concrete patio, how to get rid of splinters and warped wood in a deck, and how to properly clean and prepare the deck or patio with a power washer. Professionals also have access to specialized equipment and tools that help them get the job done quickly and easily. You can check out our gallery of completed jobs to see before and after pics of gray stained concrete patios.
How Often Should You Repaint Your Deck?
The frequency at which you repaint your deck or re-stain your concrete patio depends on your local climate and weather, how much use and traffic your deck or patio sees, what material it is made of, how it was treated or sealed, the quality of the paint or stain used, and the skill of the person who initially painted your deck or stained your concrete patio. In general, you should repaint, re-stain, or refinish your deck every two or three years to preserve its appearance, maintain your comfort, and protect it from the elements. If your concrete patio has scratches or peeling paint, you should call a professional right away for concrete patio staining or painting. This will keep the damage from getting worse and restore your patio to its initial beauty.
Call Today for Deck Finishing & Concrete Patio Staining In PA
If you’re interested in learning more about the benefits of deck finishing and concrete patio staining, contact us at Mr. Handyman of the Western Main Line. Our team includes professionals with 10 years of experience in general home repair and remodeling tasks. Our goal is to make each task as stress-free for the customer as possible, so when you hire us for deck finishing or concrete staining we will work fast and get the job done. Call us today or request service online for deck finishing in Malvern, West Chester, Downingtown, Chester Springs, or Phoenixville, PA.
Mr. Handyman of the Western Main Line proudly serves the following towns in Atglen, Avondale, Berwyn, Birchrunville, Brandamore, Bryn Mawr, Chadds Ford, Chatham, Chester Springs, Cheyney, Coatesville, Cochranville, Collegeville, Concordville, Devault, Devon, Downingtown, Eagleville, Edgemont, Elverson, Exton, Garnet Valley, Glen Mills, Glenmoore, Gradyville, Honey Brook, Immaculata, Kelton, Kemblesville, Kennett Square, Kimberton, Landenberg, Lewisville, Lincoln University, Lionville, Lyndell, Malvern, Mendenhall, Modena, Mont Clare, New London, Newtown Square, Nottingham, Oaks, Oxford, Parker Ford, Parkesburg, Phoenixville ,Pocopson, Pomeroy, Pottstown, Royersford, Sadsburyville, Saint Peters, Southeastern, Spring City, Suplee, Thorndale, Thornton, Toughkenamon, Unionville, Uwchland, Valley Forge, Villanova, Wagontown, Wayne, West Chester, West Grove, Westtown.