When you need help with repairs around the house or at your business, our Lombard handyman experts are the perfect team for the task. Trying to complete a list of home improvement to-dos? We’ve got it covered. Need help repairing the floor in your shop? We can help with that, too. Whether you’re in Lombard or a nearby neighborhood like Glen Ellyn or Arlington Heights, we’re here to help with your ceiling fan installation, attic ladder replacement, ceramic tile repair, and more!
No matter the maintenance or home improvement project, the professionals at Mr. Handyman have the skills, knowledge, and tools to get the job done right the first time. Continue reading to discover some of our most requested services.
Lombard Drywall Repair & Finishing
Drywall is an affordable and easy-to-install material that's used for interior walls and ceilings. While it surely does have many advantages, it isn't the most durable. Some of the most common drywall repairs we perform resolve issues such as:
- Cracks. The result of improper installation, the natural shifting of your house or building, and foundation damage, cracks start small and continue to widen with time. Leaving a crack will only allow it to worsen, and in some cases, ignoring the damage will put your home at risk. To ensure your building is not at risk of foundation or structural damage, if you see a crack in your drywall, it's a good idea to call a dependable handyman in Lombard right away.
- Impact Damage. Whether from an indoor game of catch gone wrong or the improper hanging of a television, impact damage such as holes and scrapes lowers the interior aesthetic of your home or building. If the hole is wide enough, it may also lower the indoor air quality and increase your energy bills. Plus, holes leave room for pests, dust, and insulation to come wandering through, so it's best to get this situation taken care of as soon as possible.
- Water Damage. Drywall is made with a form of paper, and if it is not properly primed and painted, high indoor humidity levels can cause moisture damage. Even if it is sealed, excess moisture or a leak can cause the drywall to become discolored and soft to the touch. Water damage will only continue to worsen, so if you notice an off-looking section of your wall, there’s a good chance it's been affected by water.
When it comes to elevating the appearance of your home, this remodeling service is one of the easiest ways to do it!
Lombard Fence Repair
Your home’s fencing is important for many reasons. Not only does it clearly mark your property lines, but it also increases curb appeal and security. Your fence keeps children and pets safe in your backyard while also providing privacy. Clearly, it’s important to maintain your fence. Yet, keeping your fence in good condition can take up a lot of time. Save yourself the stress of replacing rotting planks, sanding down that peeling paint, or repairing rusty hinges by contacting our Lombard handyman professionals instead.
The experts at Mr. Handyman are skilled at repairing a variety of fences, including:
- Wrought iron
Lombard Floor Repair and Installation
Over time, your floors will experience natural wear and tear. Whether scratched from animals running around or scuffed from furniture moving, our Lombard handyman professionals can repair your floors and help them look as good as new. Our bonded and insured technicians possess the expertise to fix damaged flooring. We can also replace your old floors with something new. So, if you want to make the switch from carpet to tile, we can make that happen.
Our handyman experts are experienced at repairing and installing a variety of flooring, including:
Lombard Door Repair and Installation
Your front door is the gateway to your home. It’s part of the first impression your friends and neighbors will have of your place. Additionally, your front door helps keep you and your loved ones safe. Over time, the entrance to your home may need a little TLC. Our handyman in Lombard can efficiently fix any scratches, rust, or wobbly knobs so your front door works—and looks—like it's brand new.
Our team is ready to fix your door problems, including:
- Sticking doors
- Squeaking doors
- Air leaks
- Damaged door jambs
- Rotting/soft wood
- Broken door locks
- Screen door repairs
Lombard Carpentry Installation & Repair
Wooden features enhance the look of your home—as long as they are in excellent condition. From crown molding and exposed wooden beams to trim, baseboards, and wainscoting, adding wooden elements to your home's interior won't just elevate its appearance but will also protect your walls and windows and cover the gap between your walls and floors. And who can do it better than your local handyman in Lombard, IL? Within our carpentry services, we can assist with the following features and more:
- Deck repair and installation
- Soffit, fascia, and siding repair
- Trim installation and repair
- Crown molding installation
- Railings, fence, and handrail repair
With any type of wooden feature, it's important to inspect it regularly for signs of damage and wood rot. Staying on top of regular maintenance, such as staining and painting, is also highly recommended. We can help. Within our carpentry repair services, we can also ensure your wood stays protected year-round.
Are you interested in learning more about our full range of services? Or perhaps you have questions about a home remodeling project? We invite you to give our courteous and knowledgeable staff a call or text. We’re happy to answer any of your questions.
Request a service appointment for a time that’s convenient for you and experience the Mr. Handyman difference!