Whether your bathroom tile has seen better days or you want to build bespoke shelving for your kitchen, our Wayne handyman experts can help. We have decades of combined experience completing a range of home repair, maintenance, and improvement projects. We’re also approachable and reliable. When you invite our service professionals into your home, we treat it with the same respect we show our closest friends and neighbors.
Our versatile experts have the work ethic, eye for detail, and expertise to handle a range of projects. Keep reading to learn more about a few of our popular services.
Wayne Drywall Repair & Finishing
Drywall is found in homes and businesses around the world. It's one of the most popular materials chosen for walls and ceilings, thanks to its affordable and easy-to-install nature. Drywall is light and comes in large sheets which are secured to your wall studs. Due to drywall's makeup, which includes paper, while it has many advantages, it's not the world's most durable material and encounters a wide range of issues.
Taking care of your drywall, including priming and painting it and properly hanging TVs, cabinets, and pictures, will help prevent holes and water damage. However, some causes of damage cannot be prevented, no matter how hard you try. Read on to discover more about drywall damage and how your dedicated Wayne handyman will handle it.
- Cracks: Cracks in your drywall can occur due to improper installation and the natural expansion and contraction of your home. They can also be a sign of foundation damage. If you have also noticed cracks around your windows, baseboards, and doors, you should call a professional for a home inspection right away. Issues with your foundation will need to be addressed before we can go ahead with your drywall repair.
- Water damage: Because drywall is made with paper, it can take on moisture if enough is present. Busted plumbing fixtures or high bathroom humidity levels may affect drywall--especially if it's been a while since you last primed and painted. If your drywall has water damage, you will see a discolored section that's soft to the touch. If left alone, this section may continue to spread, sag, and collapse.
- Holes: Drywall doesn't hold up well against impact. While it's an easy surface to hang pictures, heavy items may damage your walls if not properly secured to wall studs. Even indoor games of catch or furniture can leave dents, scratches, or holes in your walls, but thankfully, repairing these damages isn't too difficult. To do it, we'll cut away the affected section and apply a patch, smoothing over the surface and sanding it down before painting.
- Improper installation/repairs: Taking on drywall installation without adequate experience may result in issues such as gaps, bubbling, and exposed mesh. A successfully installed sheet of drywall will have a flawless, smooth finish. You should never be able to see mesh or gaps between drywall sheets. To repair this, our experts will need to remove the affected sections before re-installing new patches or sheets.
Drywall damage does not go away on its own. In fact, it only continues to worsen. Due to the potential structural damage cracks can hint at, it's a good idea to call a professional handyman if you see them appear in your home or business. On the other hand, issues such as holes should be addressed immediately, too. Holes will lower indoor air quality, decrease energy efficiency, increase pests, and potentially increase your utility bills. Get the service you need promptly by calling our valued team.
Wayne Tile Repair
It’s important to repair chipped, dented, cracked and shattered tiles as soon as possible. Damaged tile is unattractive to look at. But more importantly, it’s not safe for your family and pets to be around broken tiles; the sharp edges can cut feet and little paws trekking their way. Also, although most tiles are water-resistant, if broken then, humidity and moisture can damage the subfloor and drywall beneath. Our service professionals will help keep your tile in good condition by replacing or repairing the damage. We can work with a range of tiles, including:
- Ceramic and porcelain tile
- Stone tiles like slate, marble, and granite
- Synthetic tiles such as vinyl and laminate
We can also fix or replace tile throughout your home or commercial property, such as on:
- Kitchen floors
- Showroom floors
- Bathroom floors
- Shower walls
Request a service appointment and see how a Wayne handyman can help transform your home!
Fence Repair in Wayne
There’s a reason why homes in Wayne are framed by fences. Fences provide privacy, clearly mark property lines, and add to your home’s aesthetic—increasing curb appeal. Your fence also keeps pets, children, and your property safe from adjacent traffic. Yet, it’s important to upkeep your fence so it can continue to protect your property and loved ones.
Maintaining your fence can take up a lot of time. Don’t waste your Saturday replacing rotting planks, repairing rusty hinges, sanding, peeling paint, and staining your pickets. Instead, hire our handyman experts to take care of all your fence repairs.
We have worked with a range of fences, including:
- Wrought iron
We’re experts at completing a multitude of common fence repairs, such as:
- Correcting leaning fences, fence posts, and fallen panels
- Cleaning and staining old wooden fences
- Replacing damage from rot and insects
- Replacing missing or damaged boards and pickets
- Cleaning and/or replacing rusty gate hinges
- Sanding and painting fences
General Wayne Handyman Repairs
Staying on top of home repair and maintenance tasks can be a challenge. The little things like hanging photos, mounting your TV, and cleaning out gutters can feel like they pile up on your to-do list. However, our Wayne handyman professionals are your “one call does it all” home maintenance service providers. With a single appointment, you can give yourself the gift of time by letting us handle the little odd jobs around your home or business.
A few of our interior general handyman repair services include:
- Shower door installation and repair
- Ceiling repair
- Drywall repair and installation
- Floor installation and repairs
- Furniture assembly
- Picture hanging
- TV wall mounting
A few of our exterior general handyman repair services include:
- Fence installation and repair
- Gutter cleaning and repair
- Power washing services
- Deck and patio construction
Our improvement, repair, and maintenance professionals are also skilled carpenters and furniture builders. Whether for your home or commercial property, we can construct a range of woodworking projects, including fireplace mantels, cabinets, bookcases, and more.
Additionally, we can work with you to create a special piece that is ideal for your Wayne home or business. Our professional contractors have years of experience bringing their woodworking skills to homeowners and business owners in Wayne, IL.
Our skilled Wayne carpenters can help with:
- Crown molding installation and repair
- Custom shelving and bookcases
- Custom cabinets and mantels
- Custom wood countertops and tables
- Custom door frame repair
When you’re ready to tick off items on your maintenance to-do list, book an appointment with your local handyman in Wayne, IL!Photos from Our Clients in and Around Wayne, IL!
Photos from Our Clients in and Around Wayne, IL
Our service pros are confident you’ll be happy with our quality craftsmanship. However, you don’t have to take it from us. Take a look at the below before-and-after photos to get a sense of our seamless repairs, exceptional home improvement projects, and outstanding woodworking abilities.
Don’t wait until someone gets hurt while walking on a broken tile. Instead, call our Wayne handyman professionals to repair or replace the damaged tile right away.
Fence Repair Services
Prevent your fence from looking dilapidated because of weather changes and daily wear and tear. Our service professionals will expertly repair damage to your fence to keep it looking its best.
Drywall Repair and Installation
Among our many general handyman repair services, we’re also skilled at fixing drywall. Whether cracked, dented, or stained from excess moisture in your home, we’ll carefully patch or replace your drywall and paint over the repair. You won’t even know it was damaged, to begin with.
From fixing crown molding to building bespoke shelves, our master carpenters will impress you with their excellent woodworking skills.
Schedule a Wayne Handyman Service Today!
Are you planning a remodel or need to update parts of your commercial property? Whether you have a big list of small repairs or are planning a large-scale improvement project, our Wayne handyman experts can help. To learn more about our local services, please give our courteous customer service representatives a call. We’re happy to answer any questions and let you know more about what we can do for your property.
If you’re ready to check off the improvement, repair, and maintenance to-dos on your list, then give our professional Wayne handyman experts a call. Whether you need to remodel your bathroom, replace a damaged front door, or have cracked tiles in your kitchen backsplash, we can help.
When you welcome our friendly service professionals into your home or business, you can have peace of mind knowing we’ll do each job right the first time. We're so confident in the quality of workmanship we provide that we back each and every service we perform with our Done Right Promise. Should our work even be under par, let us know. We'll come back and make it right at no additional cost. Just ask our customers or check out local reviews and ratings!
We invite you to give our courteous customer service representatives a call today to get started. Book an appointment by calling or reaching out to us online to request a service. We look forward to making your acquaintance and working on your next project.